Auto Express is reporting that Ford has confirmed a diesel powered Focus ST | The Focus ST Network Forum

Auto Express is reporting that Ford has confirmed a diesel powered Focus ST

Discussion in 'Focus ST Chat and Discussion' started by FSWerksVP, Mar 5, 2014.

1. FSWerksVP

FSWerksVP Member

2. XRJoe

XRJoe Member

This is so exciting, though I'll bet this never makes it state-side. We need more diesel cars here to help make them a viable option to the public. The majority of Americans I feel have an ideology that diesels are for trucks or the near homeless man dragging around a Volvo wagon on its last legs. There are great diesel cars that beat hybrids in every way...just no one here realizes this.

3. EastAl

EastAl Member

Diesel powered cars are slowly coming around, thanks to Audi/VW really pushing the TDi campaign, and Ford REALLY stepping up the Eb campaign.
    Problem is that TDi engines carry a premium charge with them because can right now, so most people look at the up front added cost and dismiss the idea.
    Diesel engines in cars will start becoming more common across most manufacturers in the years to come. I think the Big Three all have small displacement turbo diesels lined up, obviously the Germans have been pefecting them for years so they'll be at the front of the game, v configuration turbo diesels are obviously also becoming a lot more popular in 1/2 ton trucks with Ford leading the charge with the Eb powered F150 for 2015, and Nissan closing a deal for a Cummins v8 for the Titan and a Cummins v6 for the Frontier.

They're coming for sure... but for some reason I just don't see the STDi making it to the States. =/