Center Console to dark? | The Focus ST Network Forum

Center Console to dark?

Discussion in 'Focus ST Interior Upgrades' started by saucymuffin, Sep 18, 2013.

1. saucymuffin

saucymuffin Member

So I've been giving thought to adding one flood light type LED to the center console so I can see in there better at night when I need to plug a USB cord in or figure out what the hell is in there I need to grab. I'm thinking I can splice into the wires that feed the rear power port. Has anyone had their center console out of the car yet or at least partially apart?

2. maskeet

maskeet Member

Out of curiosity what kind of switch are you thinking about using?

3. saucymuffin

saucymuffin Member

4. saucymuffin

saucymuffin Member

I think I might try it this weekend if my friend is going to come up and visit, I'll be sure to do a complete write up for it

5. maskeet

maskeet Member

Why not a glove box switch?

6. saucymuffin

saucymuffin Member

well because then you have to open up the glove box on the passenger side flip a switch then open the center console compartment and then reach back over to the glove box to switch it off and then close it. Sounds like to much of a hassle when you can switch it with the lid to that compartment. I'll post my How-To up either tonight or tomorrow to show you how I did it.

7. maskeet

maskeet Member

I didn't mean put it in the glove box, I meant a switch like the ones used in cars with glove box lights.

8. saucymuffin

saucymuffin Member

9. maskeet

maskeet Member

10. saucymuffin

saucymuffin Member

Anyone else do this yet? I want to see what other colors people used