Focus ST vs Fiesta ST | The Focus ST Network Forum

Focus ST vs Fiesta ST

Discussion in 'Focus ST Chat and Discussion' started by WRC Fan, Sep 10, 2013.

1. WRC Fan

WRC Fan Administrator Staff Member

I've driven both, but you'll have to wait for my Fiesta ST Test Drive article coming shortly to know my thoughts. ;)

But, what are YOUR thoughts?

You don't need to have driven either, or both, to let us know your thoughts!

2. jakebrewer

jakebrewer Member

I'm really curious as to how they'll compare stock for stock, power to weight numbers look real similar. Haven't driven a Fiesta yet. Excited to see more small performance Fords on the road.

3. saucymuffin

saucymuffin Member

my fiancee and I are still looking into getting her behind the wheel of an ST Fiesta for her daily but we have yet to find a dealer with one. Once we do I will be sure to list my feelings on it. But after getting a ride in one from the Engineer at FR13 they are pretty damn nimble and really quick. I think the ST Focus will have it down the road but off the line would be close.

4. EastAl

EastAl Member

I was originally looking for a Fiesta ST. My dealer had a silver one that I would have settled for but they sold it while I was out of town. I tried to get him to order a Race Red Fiesta but he couldn't come up with one by the time I needed to get a car. So I "settled" for the OW Focus ST.

Right up until I had actually test driven the car I bought, I had driven neither ST so I was going in completely blind. But I've heard too much good about both so I wasn't worried about it... much. :p

I will say this about the Focus ST, it makes me realize how much I miss my mk1 ZX3. In '09 I sold my Frontier because I didn't need a pickup anymore. I bought an '09 WRX wagon because it reminded me of my ZX3. The WRX was definitely a blast but in all honesty the more I drive the ST the more I realize my WRX definitely needed the coil over kit I (thankfully) hadn't ordered yet because I was out of town for work. lol

I'm fully appreciating the ST and just how much fun it is to drive. It's definitely more fun "out of the box" than the WRX especially where brakes and handling are concerned.

My buddy is really interested in a Fiesta ST though... we may just have to go find one to test drive for comparison to the FoST. ;)

5. saucymuffin

saucymuffin Member

Just saw a Fiesta ST yesterday for the first time on a dealer lot. Recaro seats are the exact same, didn't test drive it we are going to wait alittle while and then head back and check it out probably. Beautiful color though Molten Orange is amazing

jinstall likes this.
  6. FSWerksVP

FSWerksVP Member

After driving our shop Fiesta ST and our personal Focus ST3, my vote goes to the Focus ST. And I really wanted to like the Fiesta ST better! :D

jinstall likes this.
  7. saucymuffin

saucymuffin Member

What didn't you like about the Fiesta Randy? When we got a ride at Carlisle All Ford Nationals from one of the engineers (they reffered to him as a class three driver) we were pretty much sold on it. very fun car to ride in, I still have to get behind the wheel of one and see whats that is like.