Have you installed coilovers? | The Focus ST Network Forum

Have you installed coilovers?

Discussion in 'Focus ST Chassis Upgrades' started by WRC Fan, Sep 17, 2013.

1. WRC Fan

WRC Fan Administrator Staff Member

If so, we'd love to see pics. And, be sure to let us know what brand you're running.

2. Gfxjamie

Gfxjamie Member

H&R coilovers, set full low for summer and have loved every minute since the purchase

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379505898.141940.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. lolibater

lolibater Member

[​IMG]
    Indeed I have. H&R as well. Love them.

Marcelo and [email protected] like this.
  4. Gfxjamie

Gfxjamie Member

Everyone comments on how comfortable the ride is still too. Good buy since its a DD for those worried about neck breaking bumps, there are only neck breaking corners now

lolibater likes this.
  5. lolibater

lolibater Member

I was pleasantly surprised with the ride quality. Quick question for you, what did you torque the top nut on the rear struts to?

6. Gfxjamie

Gfxjamie Member

Til they were tight according to my impact which makes 90ft-lbs, they usually bottom out on the strut mount. One of my bearings did split open when I set it down so had to repack with grease and clean dirt off some ball bearings. That sucked

7. lolibater

lolibater Member

Shit 90?! Everyone was telling me to go 30. I heard any more than that would snap it off. No wonder it got loose.....

8. Gfxjamie

Gfxjamie Member

90 is what's advertised. Who knows if it did 90, I didn't check with my tq wrench and didn't have any specs. I know the impact pulled it of without to much hassle and in reverse its a beast tho

9. lolibater

lolibater Member

Damn. That's crazy. Guess I'll retorque those this weekend.

10. Gfxjamie

Gfxjamie Member

I find when the strut bearing isn't tight enough you will result in a clunk as per my first install of a pro kit in 07 on my other focus

11. lolibater

lolibater Member

Yep, that's what alerted me to the issue; the clunking. The 2006 suspension install had a lot bigger nuts (ha ha ha) which to me seemed like a better design. The opening for that top nut on the ST is microscopic.

12. brad@fifteen52

[email protected] New Member

Our line of Mk3 Focus ST coilovers (three different versions - street, track, & race) made exclusively for us by Eibach are almost ready for purchase :)

[​IMG]

Justspeed7 and lolibater like this.
  13. tobyboom

tobyboom New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

H&R Coilovers all the way down. Absolutely LOVE them. New wheels coming soon.

Marcelo likes this.
  14. robs13st

robs13st New Member

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg H&R Love em.

Marcelo likes this.
  15. The_Chad

The_Chad New Member

Sitting in my garage now. Hope to find time to install soon[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

XRJoe likes this.
  16. milliemix86

milliemix86 New Member

Im buying the H&R coilovers this week, and was wondering if you needed spacers to clear the coils and how the ride is all the way down? i like the look alot