Its the small things | The Focus ST Network Forum

Its the small things

Discussion in 'Focus ST Exterior Upgrades' started by saucymuffin, Sep 22, 2013.

1. saucymuffin

saucymuffin Member

What small upgrades or changes have you guys made to the exterior of your cars? My good friend John drives a 2011 Fiesta and discovered the third brake light (the one in the wing) is the exact same on the ST as it is on his Fiesta. Since he now has a euro wing on his Fiesta he no longer needed his third brake light so it went to my ST to remove that ugly clear light.

[​IMG]

lolibater likes this.
  2. maskeet

maskeet Member

Looks great!

3. EastAl

EastAl Member

Speaking of little things... I just picked up a 2014 Oxford White ST1 with the factory flat black stripes on it. Normally I wouldn't ever even consider paying $800 for some stupid factory graphics but these actually look good on OW. And seeing as how almost all the trim pieces are flat black also, I'm going to get some flat black vinyl to cover the three door pillar pieces that are shiny black.
    It's just a simple little thing but those three gloss black pieces would flow so much better with the rest of the car if they were matte black. :p

4. jakebrewer

jakebrewer Member

I believe Non ST foci with wings have same third brake light as well.

5. saucymuffin

saucymuffin Member

Next time I see one I'll have to walk around back of it to check it out and see, if so then we have two cars we can grab the third brake light out of if you want a red one.

6. Gfxjamie

Gfxjamie Member

I traded Karl brake lights at h2oi on the weekend. All red is solid I love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. matchbox

matchbox New Member

The light is the same, just the squirter for the rear wiper needs to be swapped. Since the ST wing sits further back a normal Focus brake light would spray on the bumper of the ST, rather than the rear window.

I did the red brake light swap so long ago that I forget that I did it.

jakebrewer likes this.
  8. Gfxjamie

Gfxjamie Member

Yep we had to swap squirters which was sorta a pain to pull it out at first on the red light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. saucymuffin

saucymuffin Member

I took an exact knife to the glue on my spray nozzle had it out in no time.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

10. Steve@Tasca

[email protected] Team Focus ST Sponsor

The Fiesta third light is only $47.06 from us if anyone wants them, Otherwise as others have done just find a Fiesta guy that wants to swap.

Everyone always wants something different than what the cars came with stock, I love OEM parts that interchange, can't beat the quality.

-Steve

jakebrewer likes this.
  11. EastAl

EastAl Member

Yeah, but can you get OE euro headlights? ;)

12. Steve@Tasca

[email protected] Team Focus ST Sponsor

Nope, that's always been a frustration for me. Ford won't sell us any parts not made for North American market vehicles.