Oil Filter for 2014 Focus ST | The Focus ST Network Forum

Oil Filter for 2014 Focus ST

Discussion in 'Focus ST Maintenance' started by watiki, Apr 6, 2014.

1. watiki

watiki New Member

Can anyone tell me if Bosch oil filter D3300 is the right fit for above. Local walmart cross reference chart says it is but, smaller in all dimensions.

2. EastAl

EastAl Member

Well, just going off of Baldwin Filter's site, the D3300 crosses to a Baldwin B1400. But Baldwin's application guide says the 2.0t should use a Baldwin B7491. First two difference I noticed about the B1400 vs. the B7491 is the mounting stud. M20x1.5 for the B1400 and 3/4-16 for the B7491. SO right off Metric vs. Standard means to me WalMart is wrong. lol

Baldwin also has the B7491 at 3" OD and 3 17/32" Length vs. 2 21/32" OD and 2 5/8" Length for the B1400.

I'll also say this, the B1400 does have a wide range of applications. It'd have to for any of my dealers to stock it as we're primarily Class 6, 7, & 8 Commercial Truck dealers. In my experience th wider the range of applications a part has, the more likely it is to not be an "exact fit" part. I'm not saying that is always true, but in a case like an oil filter, why take the chance?

3. Steve@Tasca

[email protected] Team Focus ST Sponsor

Why guess at aftermarket filter applications? Motorcraft makes exceptionally good filters and you know it'll be correct.

FL-910-S $4.13 each with the Tasca discount. Even if you don't buy them from us I'd still suggest Motorcraft over anything else.

-Steve