Resonator removale | The Focus ST Network Forum

Resonator removale

Discussion in 'Focus ST Exterior Upgrades' started by saucymuffin, Sep 29, 2013.

1. saucymuffin

saucymuffin Member

Edit: Now with 100% more video!

So today while I was bored doing laundry I decided to remove my resonator. Took an angle grinder to both ends about 3 or 4 inches away and lopped it off. Welded pipe in its place and boy howdy does it sound thousands of times better, I'll post up a video once I get it off my phone but holy cow I truly think this may be the only exhaust mod I do aside from cutting the ugly stock tip off in favor of two 3 or 4 inch rolled tips. Wasn't that hard either.

If anyone is considering doing it, the OD of the pipe going into the res is about 2.75 (doing rough math off a rough circumference measurement) and the OD of the pipe coming out of the res is about 2.5 (doing rough math off a rough circumference measurement) but I do know that belled 2.5 and 2.25 inch ends do not fit over

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  2. FSWerksVP

FSWerksVP Member

You need an avatar. ;)

3. saucymuffin

saucymuffin Member

I hate shrinking down images but if I did have one I think it should say something along the lines of "Number 1 poster" :cool:

4. saucymuffin

saucymuffin Member

wow, what a wonderful screen shot for that video... my beautiful face scratching my head like I'm some kind of confused monkey lol

5. FSWerksVP

FSWerksVP Member

Haha, nice!!