Seats for a 2005 ST | The Focus ST Network Forum

Seats for a 2005 ST

Discussion in 'Focus ST Parts Wanted' started by SemiST77, Jun 27, 2016.

1. SemiST77

SemiST77 New Member

Hello
    I am new to this site.
    I own a U.S. 2005 Focus ST

About 2 years ago the back started giving away on the driver's seat. I have had to use a spare tire to keep it up right . I am only looking for a driver's seat gray with red inserts side air bag and heated.

I will buy both as a pair if I need to. I'm Located in Lakewood, Wa. I am the original owner.

Thanks for your help.

2. Steve@Tasca

[email protected] Team Focus ST Sponsor

If the covers and cushions are good you can swap them on to any Focus sedan frames.

3. SemiST77

SemiST77 New Member

Ok thats good to know. My question now is how do I go about swapping the cushion and airbag to other frame?

4. Steve@Tasca

Once the cover is off the cushions come right off, only thing holding them on is the covers. Should be pretty obvious how they come off if you look closely.

-Steve

5. SemiST77

SemiST77 New Member

Will just any Focus seat work or will I need a focus frame that has an airbag?

6. Steve@Tasca

Depending on what's actually broken you may not need the whole seat back, I don't see anything in the listing of the frame saying with or without airbag but apparently the ST and ZX5 seat backs were unique to those cars so you'll want to try to stay with those in the 2005-2007 range.

7. SemiST77

SemiST77 New Member

Well if the back is unique to the ST it was only produced in 2005. As you know. It looks like I may be looking for the whole seat. The bottom of the seat works just fine. The back is still attached at the point where it allows the back to pivot . Where the square brace that supports the right side of the seat is what is broken.

8. Steve@Tasca

The ST was produced from 2005-2007, not a single year car. The seat back frame was the same in every Sedan, Five door and Wagon from 2005-2007. This is how the seat back is serviced.

[​IMG]