That "New Car" smell... | The Focus ST Network Forum

That "New Car" smell...

Discussion in 'Focus ST Interior Upgrades' started by EastAl, Oct 2, 2013.

1. EastAl

EastAl Member

Not sure if anyone else had this issue or if I'm just overly sensative to the smell... but the "factory fresh" smell of my ST is killing me! And it seems to be mostly coming through the vents in the A/C system. It is seriously so "thick" that I can taste it. Like aspirin crushed to a super fine grade and tossed in the air.

Anyone else bothered by this when they first got their ST? Is there a cab air filter that I can swap out or spray something that doesn't smell like synthetics and plastics? I've put some regular air fresheners in the cabin but it's just overlaying the current smell.

2. FSWerksVP

FSWerksVP Member

Could be killing you, actually since the smell is the carcinogens; adhesives and other materials from the new car assembly. :)

jinstall and lolibater like this.
  3. EastAl

EastAl Member

Well, none of us lives forever. :p But it does actually affect my sense of taste also. At least for a short while after driving to go get lunch or something.

It's funny, I wanted to use "manufacturing smell" as a descriptive but wasn't sure it would get the point across. :lol:

4. saucymuffin

saucymuffin Member

No I had the usual new car smell and it went away after awhile to which I threw an "ice" scented tree inside my car. Who knew ice smelled so damn manly.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

5. EastAl

EastAl Member

I tossed a gel thing on my RH lower dash vent. It's only been a couple days but it seems to be working better than everything else I tried. Or maybe the smell is slowly working its way out?

And ice always smells manly when in glasses with rum or whiskey!