What don't you like about your ST? | The Focus ST Network Forum

What don't you like about your ST?

Discussion in 'Focus ST Chat and Discussion' started by Exquitas, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Exquitas

Exquitas New Member

I mainly hate the fast brake dust buildup on my rims and the brake pads ... I hope there will be some alternatives available soon (and no I don't mean those ceramic pads from the ford fusion)
    Also after driving my ST on the Nürburgring, I have some nasty brake dust burn marks all over my car mainly on the driver side & passenger side door... I need to polish them out sometime

What do you guys hate about your ST?

2. XRJoe

XRJoe Member

I hate that I had to wait until 2013 to buy one.

maskeet likes this.
  3. Gfxjamie

Gfxjamie Member

Payments. Ford dealerships/service departments.

That's it. O and my tires attract screws and nails like no other. One thing to sacrifice for having a wide footprint I suppose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. saucymuffin

saucymuffin Member

Well one of the huge complaints I had about the interior I remedied here: http://www.teamfocusst.com/threads/bring-in-a-little-light-st2-st1-center-console.58/#post-526

Other than that, no map lights, having to turn the fog lights on every time with the button, the MK1s and 1.5s you would pull out on the headlight knob which was easy as you turn and pull, the cup holder locations are in the way of the shifter Ford did a pretty crappy job of that, and the shifting nanny could I please just turn that stupid light off, if I wanted to shift up I would do it on my own...

Other than that solid car, the rest of my complaints come courtesy of the drivers that own them.

5. Exquitas

Exquitas New Member

I totally agree on this !

6. EastAl

EastAl Member

I've got my lights on auto and I'm pretty sure the driving lights come on whenever the headlights switch on.

I'm irritated about the crappy cup holders in the center console and the amount of miscellaneous storage compartments in the front compared to the back. Other than that I've got no real complaints. Well aside from the fact that I haven't found a consistent way to get MySync to reliably play Pandora from my phone without resorting to actually choosing Pandora via Sync.

7. saucymuffin

saucymuffin Member

I just remembered there is no auto-lock setting, my mk1 SVT if the car was left unlocked after about 30 minutes the car would lock itself.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

8. EastAl

EastAl Member

I've noticed that too. I've got a habit of hopping out of my car with it running to grab mail when I get home, or starting the car to get the A/C going while I finishing smoking (I don't smoke in my car so I hold the cigarette outside, start the car, then get out and close the door), etc. I love the fact that my car happily let's everyone within 100yds know that she is running and I've got the keys still on me... but she won't lock herself with me stepping out or getting too far away. Of course a simple swipe of the lock pad on the handle is easy enough too. :p

9. Noway

Noway New Member

Two extra doors

Sadpanduh13 and 01Sportwagon like this.
  10. VH5150

VH5150 New Member

That it's in "hibernation" for the Winter

11. watiki

watiki New Member

electronically assisted steering , no real feel to it.

12. XRJoe

XRJoe Member

And with that comes the odd issue people were having with oversensitive racks.

13. watiki

watiki New Member

The ST replaces 04 focus SVT. I just, at least initially, preferred the feel I get through the wheel of the SVT.

Blystr842 likes this.
  14. Blystr842

Blystr842 New Member

I hate the gigantic turning radius...

15. Drama.Llama

Drama.Llama New Member

It's to quiet stock, the brake dust and the some of the douches it has attracted to the Focus genre. :bucktooth:

Blystr842 likes this.
  16. Blystr842

Blystr842 New Member

All valid points. The worst being the douche attraction.

Back on the subject of annoyances.... anyone else had an issue with the rubber flaps in the cup holders poking holes in Styrofoam cups? It's happened to me twice but it's only upon removing the cup.

17. saucymuffin

saucymuffin Member

Time to swtich to red keg cups

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

18. FSWerksVP

FSWerksVP Member

I hate that the USB ports are hidden so that the cables don't have a practical means of being fed out to be connected to your devices. I have to find a little spot near the rubber nub to get the cable to it doesn't get smashed. Pain when you are driving. Really bad planning on Ford's part...

19. FSWerksVP

FSWerksVP Member

I am always that guy in the big truck now that cant' make a damn U turn. LOL. Seems so stupid it's funny...

20. jinstall

jinstall New Member

Too quiet. No lumbar adjustment. Brake fade.