Working on a file for you 94 octane guys with a FMIC | The Focus ST Network Forum

Working on a file for you 94 octane guys with a FMIC

Discussion in 'FSWERKS' started by FSWerksVP, Sep 18, 2013.

1. FSWerksVP

FSWerksVP Member

Just wrapped up tonite's work on a 94 octane file. Since we don't officially have 94 octane here we're having to mix gas and I'm having to wing it in regards to how far I can push it.

So that brings me to this post. Do you have a FMIC and run 94 octane? If you'd like to try this file please let me know.

The car in question has the stock downpipe and exhaust still. So that's gonna change tomorrow, but I figured I'd get started anyway. The HP and TQ should only go up from here.

Attached Files:

2. Gfxjamie

Gfxjamie Member

Soon as I get a front mount I'm hitting you up for this programming :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. FSWerksVP

FSWerksVP Member

Did a pull this morning since the car was getting a bit heatsoaked last nite.

Attached Files:

4. jakebrewer

jakebrewer Member

No 94 here just 93 but if I can help somehow, let me know. I've been meaning to send a file from the latest version tune just never got around to it.

5. Gfxjamie

Gfxjamie Member

I can't wait for down pipe and Fmic money to be in my pocket.... It's bad when you have to mentally make trades for parts for which car gets the money allocated to it. Gah the struggle of having multiple cars

I suppose when both are driving it can do whatever I want

The power from this is great with some more boost and tuning

jakebrewer likes this.
  6. xTerrible1x

xTerrible1x New Member

I was really wanting to get a Cobb turboback first.. but I'm thinking a FMIC should be next.

7. lolibater

lolibater Member

Any chance that once complete, this can be added to the 91oct as well, or just the 94oct?

8. Gfxjamie

Gfxjamie Member

I wish these turbos could still push up higher. Look at the tq nose dive after it peaks. I'm sure a down pipe helps with that a little but a bit bigger snail would go a long way!

As for 91, you may be out of luck as this looks to be for optimizing the map based on the ability to run more aggressive spark and fuel mixture from a better fuel. Fortunately up here Sunoco which is now petro canada sells 94 octane at select locations. There is quite a few stations around me which is nice

9. lolibater

lolibater Member

Yeah unfortunately we don't get anything better than 91 here :( I know Torrie has been porting the stock snail to the tune of ~ 310whp w/ full bolt ons, but I'm not one to go hacking up a perfectly nice turbo.

10. jakebrewer

jakebrewer Member

Would holding peak boost longer instead of tapering off do anything to improve top end?

11. Gfxjamie

Gfxjamie Member

Ya except you pay what a big turbo costs with a pretty much stock unit, not my thang. If I'm dropping money I want a Garrett and a turbo adapter to give flexibility down the road. I don't want to be stuck with a ported turbo when nobody buys them in 2 years

lolibater likes this.
  12. FSWerksVP

FSWerksVP Member

Not a whole lot you can do to make the turbo hold peak boost longer. You're seeing the physical limit of this small turbo.

jakebrewer and lolibater like this.
  13. lolibater

lolibater Member

Yeah, it's only a matter of time for ATP to finish theirs. I just talked to them again today, and they told me they were in the final stages of testing, more or less just waiting to see if stuff breaks after running 400+ whp on the big snails. They said "end of the year", which we all know means end of next year.

No way am I paying $1500 to port a stock snail, in addition to mailing it out an having no car for like 2 weeks.