ZAKTEK Protective Coating... | The Focus ST Network Forum

ZAKTEK Protective Coating...

Discussion in 'Focus ST Detailing' started by EastAl, Sep 24, 2013.

1. EastAl

EastAl Member

So I got suckered into paying for this because my mind wasn't really in the mood to pay attention when I was signing paperwork.

http://zaktekhelp.com/

I've read some good and I've read some bad. Most of the bad I have read seems to stem from the dealership re-applying the coating without properly prepping and cleaning the car.

Anyone else had dealings with ZAKTEK or know anyone that has?

2. saucymuffin

saucymuffin Member

never heard of the stuff what was the cost on your price tag to add it?

3. EastAl

EastAl Member

$599 for the exterior treatment, $499 for interior treatment. Like I said, got suckered bad.

They explained the exterior treatment, but not the interior which I am guessing is a lot like a ScotchGuard treatment to the cloth.

4. Sean G

Sean G New Member

I opted out, but the sales manager kept going on and on about it. I figured if it were any good, Ford would have put it on there to begin with.

5. EastAl

EastAl Member

Yeah, kinda wish I had. Then again there is a lot about this deal I wish I would have more time on... like getting employee pricing because my company owns Ford Light and Medium Duty dealers all over the country. I always forget about them because... light duty. lol

6. Sean G

Sean G New Member

I will say, it sounded good when he first pitched it. We have a lot of those stupid love-bugs every summer, and they get all over everything. They are a pain to get off once they are dried. He sold it like I'd never have to wipe a bug off the hood again.